Re: OS questions partial draft, II

In message <7c1f4a1c.35c90b13@aol.com>, eamorical@aol.com writes:
>1. General (Home) user
>2. SOHO
>3. Specialty User
>4. Development/Technical Workstation
>5. Business User -- Mid/Large office
>6. Business User Systems Admin -- Mid/Large office
>7. Laptop?

Yep, looks good. The ? is appropriate for the laptop user
because we're going to decide if he's a separate user class
once somebody comes up with questions for him (or fails).

>>From Roger's statement "We're also going to need a set
>of questions for each usertype." For me the question is
>what are the questions. Are they the list of OS questions
>or are they some other questions. In either case it appears

Either, both. We should examine each question in the main OS
list and decide if it is suitable for all of the user types. If
not, it should become a usertype-specific question. In addition,
each user type has specific issues that are not shared by most
of the other user types. In this case, new questions should be
created that cater to these specific needs and interests.

>to me that we have the following matrix which will be filled
>with 0's and 1's.
>
>                          user-type
>                 1.   2.   3.   4.   5.   6.   7.
>question 1   1    1    1    1    1    1    1
>question 2   0    0    0    1    0    0    0
>question 3   1    1    0    0    0    0    0
>etc.

That's not a bad way to organize things once we have the questions.
But we don't yet have all the questions that we're going to want. So
far we've been coming up mainly with questions that are common to all
users.

>I would be happy to work on this but feel I need clarification
>as to exactly what is the set of questions  as I feel somewhere
>I've missed something.

Let me know if this helped to clarify anything, else I'll try again. :)

>Bob

Thanks,
--Roger