Re: Grouping questions

In message <35D5F5F1.6819DFFA@iname.com>, pete_st_onge@iname.com writes:
>> My understanding  is that multiuser-group people will respond
>> multiple times. Thus in the case of  home user with special use,
>> there would be a response based on just home use followed by
>> a response based on just the specialty use. I would like to hear
>> your comments on this.
>     My only concern here is whether or not someone would fill out the
>questionaire more than once. Add the fact that someone filling out the
>survey multiple times will bias their answers towards their other user
>profile when they do fill it out ... I'm not sure about this, but I
>could be convinced otherwise.
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     Pete

Sorry that I've been gone for the past while. Been working on linuxunited
stuff. I've been reading seul-research mail, but not writing. I'll try to
post some responses this evening.

The short answer is: if we have a one-page survey, then we can have in
the user-type-choosing a "pick your primary one, and then pick all
others that also pertain".
Thus, each person takes the survey only once.

As for 'specialty user', you guys have chosen the one exception: specialty
user was designed for a user that doesn't fit into any other category.
Thus, you cannot be "both home user and specialty user", because in that
case you're a home user with a couple of extra news. Specialty user was
designed for those bizarre people who don't act at all like any other
user type.

But if we go along with the 'pick a primary one, then pick others that
apply too', we will probably need to redesign the usertype descriptions.

Doing that necessitates that we have a single set of questions for all
usertypes: this means that we cannot make up new questions that are *only*
asked of home users, for instance. I think I posted about this earlier too.

--Roger