Re: 0x009

In message <96638d56.35e2b888@aol.com>, eamorical@aol.com writes:
>Roger  I realize I'm a different sort of person. I've had to make
>things work. I want things nailed down (specs). I realize this is
>different than marketing where technical details can confuse
>customers. I have come to view the survey to be like bottom up
>programming whereas I would prefer top down programming.
>Namely a mission statement clearly defining what we're doing
>followed by an outline to help organize the questions. I see this
>as scaffolding to be removed before the survey goes out.
>Anyway so much for my preference.

Hrm. I'm sorry about this. I haven't had enough time to sit down
and actually write out everything I'm basing my ideas on. I had
hoped to be able to get things done more quickly, and not get
sidetracked by other projects. I don't like the idea of you guys
trying to read my mind, and then me showing up every few days to
declare "how it will be". I didn't mean to blow off your
suggestions -- they're being extremely useful at keeping the
project moving. We now have things into categories, which is an
idea I hadn't considered (but it's clearly the correct thing to
do).

Anyway, I don't mean to be being brusk. All of my ideas are open
for discussion and argument. Fight back. :) Alternatively, ignore
me for now and write up a draft of a top-down specification approach,
and then we'll discuss it once it exists. Alternatively again, I'll
try to write up a summary description over the next few days, which
can be used as an intro to the survey. We definitely need one of those,
after all.

From http://www.seul.org/archives/seul/research/Jul-1998/msg00016.html