Re: 0x009 - diappearing word processors

First off, I got a new keyboard yesterday, as the old 'Doze keyboard
started to flake out on me and I replaced it with the one on the Linux
box (... which has been lying dormant in the interim). I bring this up
because I'm horrified at the number of spelling mistakes I've made in
the last few emails.

Software...

> I think they should be very broad questions, and there should be 1-2
> of them. If we want to get more complex than that, then
> a) we can't justify not getting more complex on a lot of other issues,
> b) we should build a new survey for that topic, later on
> (imho)
     Agreed.

> * The "OS Stability" and "application stability" are now way far
> apart on the survey. But I guess that's the price we pay for making
> sections. Not everything will fit perfectly.
     Perhaps they can be rearranged for 0x010.

> * Aieee. There are two 'internet' sections. Or have I been up so long
> that I'm seeing double...
     Nope. Probably a pete. I'll fix it for 0x010.

> * In the first Internet section, there are some questions about
> getting to look at the source for the OS/applications. Down under
> the 'software' section, there are some more questions. These overlap.
> I'm still kind of keen on putting in those three questions (quoted
> from the GNU webpage) for the OS, and then again in a separate place
> on the survey for the applications. I'm curious if the answers will
> be different.
     Okay, I'll copy these three into software as well, and give the
appropriate highlighting.

     Cheers,

     Pete

--
Pete St. Onge - McGill U.  Limnology - Fun with Ropes & Buckets
pete_st_onge@iname.com         http://wwp.mirabilis.com/4322052