Re: OS questions draft, III

In message <199808262304.TAA24715@csrlink.net>, dloss@csrlink.net writes:
>How important is the availability of educational software (software for teachi
>ng children
>from kindergarten through high school) to you?  Is it important that available
> educational
>software be produced by well-known companies?  Is the availability of freely m
>odifiable and
>distributable source code for educational software important to you?

* Availability of educational software (software for teaching children
  from kindergarten through high school)

* Brand-name reputation of vendors for educational software

Those are both good ones.

Doug: asking about
1) availability of source code
2) price of said source code
3) permission to modify it
4) permission to distribute it

is more than one question can handle. Are 2 and 3 particularly important
to you, or shall we just go with
* Availability of source code for educational software applications

--Roger

O btw, those 3 questions about "freedom of software" I got from the
gnu project look really dumb, with those clauses like "so that the
whole community benefits". I will fix those soon. (Somebody should have
told me that. :)