Re: OS questions draft, III

In a message dated 8/31/98 3:26:34 AM EST, arma@mit.edu writes:

<< In message <98784d1b.35ea22a4@aol.com>>, eamorical@aol.com writes:
 >As I just logged on, AOL had a news brief on a study to be
 >published this week in The American Psycologist showing
 >that use of the internet is depressing. The more people use
 >the internet the more depressed they get. They must not be
 >involved with Linux.

 Neat. How public (popular) is "american psychologist"?

 [snip]

 >Bob

 --Roger

On the AOL news brief I should have put out more details.
First the reference:
Researchers Find Sad, Lonely World in Cyberspace
By AMY HARMON
Sunday, August 30, 1998
Copyright 1998 The New York Times
The article states that the $1.5 million study was funded by
companies like Intel, HP ,AT&T, Apple and the National
Science Foundation and The American Psychologist is the
peer-reviewed monthly journal of the American Psychological
Association. The following is a quote from the article: "Even so,
several social scientists familiar with the study vouched for its
credibility and predicted  that the findings would probably touch
off a national debate over how public policy on the Internet should
evolve and how the technology itself might be shaped to yield more
beneficial effects." To me this is an opportunity to shape the future
of the internet. I view the internet as an information resource. Open
the tap and out comes information. I learn something every time I
log on.

Bob