Re: 0x010->0x011 change summary

In message <35EA1A3A.53310BDB@iname.com>, pete_st_onge@iname.com writes:
>>>Ok 'foo,bar,baz,quux,squee,unsure' I feel for now leave 'unsure'.
>>>It doesn't affect anything so it can be left until the very last
>>>decision to leave it or toss it. Roger has suggested:
>>>essential / nearly essential / preferred / slightly prefered /
>>> unimportant
>>>and
>>>crucial / important / xx / relevant / unimportant
>>>I just wanted to check. I see these as 5,4,3,2,1. This is what you
>>>want as opposed to 2,1,0,-1,-2 where the middle one is the null one.
>> Yes, this is what I want. People keep proposing scales with
>> "absolutely do not want" at one end of them. I'm assuming that since
>> all of our questions are features or abilities, people aren't going
>> to say "no, I absolutely cannot have SMP support in my OS".
>
>     So, our scale should then be based on preference level, rather than
>a continuum between 'Must have' and 'must not have'? Actually, this
>should be more easily interpretable than the 'must / not have'
>arrangement.

It shouldn't be looked at as a 'preference' level, because that
doesn't make sense for some of the questions. For each question, what
we're asking is "how much do you care about this issue?" It isn't so
specific as "how much do you want this" or "how much do you want this
to be true"; it is simply "do you feel strongly about this or not?"

--Roger