Comments from first look

Guys:

I actually got round to taking a look at the survey today for teh first
time in months... apologies if these have been gone over b4, I missed a
load of emails from the list. There's not much here and it's fairly
nitpicky, but here goes:

"speciality user" needs more description

"would you consider yourself" seems unnecessary on teh laptop question -
someone
 will know if they are or not!

no, race is not important.

OSs:
Some Mac users will only know System 7.5 or later as "MacOS" - it might
be wise to include teh alternative name.
NeXT should come b4 Other Unix, as it is a Unix. Isn't it?

I wonder if there is a better way of getting expertise levels (which is
presumably what you're after) than years of use? After a threashhold
around, perhaps, 1 year, many users who simply want to get the job done
rather than messing around will stop learning about the OS and simply
use it, even if not in the most efficient way. Admittedly I don't have
any better ideas...

Your problematic sentence under Pricing:
how about:
'Which of the following would most influence your decision to use a
given (OS?)? Please rank in order of importance.'

Did you mean PnP suppoprt in HARDWARE? Pretty much every PC system has
this, nowadays...

Terminal:
"Multipe people can use the computer at the same time, each with their
own keyboard and monitor." (and mouse?)

Let me know when there is a finalish version with all formatting and
everything, I'll be a guinea pig in ultra-nitpicky mode - I'm VERY good
at finding ambiguous questions... ;-)

Indestrooktibul spel chequer virrus on rimpoge
Simon Waldman               email:  swaldman@bigfoot.com
Surrey, England.
"I would expect things to go on much as they are until there is some change."
-Sir Anthony Parsons