Re: 0x017->0x018 Change Summary

Bob,

EAMorical@aol.com wrote:
<< 1- SUGGEST we merge the Telephony and Multimedia sections under
<<    Multimedia.
     'Telephony and Multimedia'? :)

> I agree with you we need to reduce the number of categories. To me
> Telephony and Multimedia are different things. Perhaps we could
> combine them and rename the category. Let me think about it and get
> back tonight or tomorrow.
     Different concepts but both could involve the use of specialized
hardware if done to an extreme. Sure, a modem can be used for a lot of
things but a particular type of modem is required for voice (though
these are becoming far more common), and multimedia can consist solely
of the use of a CD player, but can also expand to include: TV>Video
card, frame grabber, editing suite, DVD recorder, specialized sound
equipment, etc... The market seems to be going in this direction, with
good-quality cards becoming more affordable.

--
Pete St. Onge - McGill U.  Limnology - Fun with Ropes & Buckets
pete@seul.org                  http://wwp.mirabilis.com/4322052