[seul-sci] A new SEUL/sci project - gdis

I'm pleased to welcome a new project to SEUL/sci, Sean Flemming's GDIS, a
GTK app used to display and manipulate isolated molecules and periodic systems.
It supports several different file types (BIOSYM, XYZ, XTL, MARVIN, and GULP),
and provides tools for visualization and animation of molecular systems.
GDIS is unusual in that it uses other programs effectively for their own
strengths (povray, gperiodic as two examples).

The project web page is http://gdis.seul.org

I believe this program will nicely complement Ricardo Stefani's Chemsuite,
which in turn is coming along nicely. I understand that Ricardo and his
colleagues are working on i18n for German and French, and I'm sure would
love to support other languages if someone with wants to lend a hand with
translations.

Cheers,

Pete

--