RE: [seul-sci] For comments: .DOC

Hello people,

	LyX has a problem. It requires X Servers for the Windows port. I'd be glad to have money to buy some copies of it(many people else would be). Does anybody know about any free production useful X server for Windows? It would be nice, many programs have ports to run on windows this way.
	As for the format discussion, I think the agreement is that Latex is the way, with final docs distributed as pdf. I have searched some publisher's web sites for what they are asking for(elsevier.com and academy press, i think. i haven't bookmarked it). They usually let the journals decide it.
	Most journals I've searched don't accept latex. some others do not especify which kind of document they want(they just ask to identify the OS/program that generated it). I've then searched the Latex site for some, say, "executive" introduction. I mean, some text which, once I showed it to a brazilian publisher, he would say: "That's just what I was looking for".
	I haven't found. Does anybody know where can I find it? If I found it, I could then show him the LyX home page, and how easy is it to write this kind of document.

regards,

danilo
DANILO GONZALEZ HASHIMOTO

Universidade Federal de São Carlos