RE: [seul-sci] For comments: .DOC

On Mon, 22 May 2000, Danilo Gonzalez Hashimoto wrote:

> 	Most journals I've searched don't accept latex. some others do not
> especify which kind of document they want(they just ask to identify the
> OS/program that generated it). I've then searched the Latex site for some,
> say, "executive" introduction. I mean, some text which, once I showed it
> to a brazilian publisher, he would say: "That's just what I was looking
> for".
> 	I haven't found. Does anybody know where can I find it? If I found
> it, I could then show him the LyX home page, and how easy is it to write
> this kind of document.
>
> regards,
>
> danilo
> DANILO GONZALEZ HASHIMOTO
>
> Universidade Federal de São Carlos
> Bacharelado em Ciência da Computação

Journals do not provide introductions for publishers, they provide
guidelines for authors (and, in the case of conference series, also for
editors). I don't know whether it is of help for you, but all main
journals in astronomy (maybe also in physics) accept Latex.
Just a small selection:

The Astronomical Society of the Pacific ( Conference Series )
http://www.aspsky.org/pubs/confseries.html
 -> Invitation to Publish -> Author's Instructions

Astronomy and Astrophysics:
http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00230/index.htm
 -> About this Journal -> Instructions for Authors
Springer also has a New York mirror: link.springer-ny.com

The Astrophysical Journal
http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/ApJ/journal/
 -> Author Information

you may search also for
Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
The Astronomical Journal

rainer

/* Rainer Wichmann <rwichmann@hs.uni-hamburg.de>                         */
/* PGP key : http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/                                     */
/* Key fingerprint = EF6C EF54 701A 0AFD B86A  F4C3 1AAD 26C8 0F57 1F6C  */
/* Error - Coffee not ready, reboot.                                     */