Re: ccc mirror

Bryon Eldridge wrote:
> Here's what I use:
>
> nice rsync -aHz --delete rsync://rsync.torproject.org/tor/ /mirror/tor
>
> The parameters on the website don't really make sense for a cron job.
> For instance, you wouldn't want your cron job to be verbose causing it
> to email you every few hours.  I like to add the -H (preserve
> hardlinks) to save disk space on my end, and -z (compression) to save
> bandwidth.
>
> Another confusing part of that webpage is that the trailing slashes
> are inconsistent between the three examples.
>
> Lastly, this line should be added to the example VirtualHost block:
> CustomLog /dev/null common

With or without the -v switch, the rsync binary is /still/ going to have
output.  The verbosity on the other hand, may be the difference.  Or at
lease that has been my experience.  I'll take the -v switch off of the
cron example.  Thank you for your suggestions.

--
Best,

Jon

PGP key located at http://www.nonvocalscream.com/key.txt

PGP encrypted mail preferred.

PGP Key ID: 6F19ED63

Fingerprint: 8397 9B96 6518 5A90 10CA F3C1 C653 AE86 6F19 ED63