Re: Cancelling a mirror

If you would like any help checking/verifying mirrors I can write a bash script using curl...  mirrors are supposed to be held to a higher standard.

Sent from my Google HTC, please excuse my brevity.

----- Reply message -----
From: "Andrew Lewman" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Sep 15, 2010 1:04 pm
Subject: Cancelling a mirror
To: <tor-mirrors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 17:04:50 +0200 (CEST)
"Kiss Gabor (Bitman)" <kissg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Checking the logs of mirror site trak.tor.hu revealed that
> nobody used it in the last year. I'm running out ouf disk
> space therefore I decided to stop mirroring at 20th of September.

Yeah, I think this is a symptom of a larger issue with the mirroring
system. We really need something load balanced (dns or anycast),
automatically verifying each file on each mirror, and some way to
remove mirrors that fail x% of the time (where fail is not respond
and/or serve up files that fail verification).

The mirror system needs a few names too.  The key phrase of
torproject.org is blocked in an increasing number of places.

Thanks for running a mirror, I'll take it out of the list shortly.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project

Website: https://www.torproject.org/