Re: Mirror status

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 21:07:08 +0200
Michael Kohl <citizen428@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> how exactly does the "Status" in the mirror list get checked? We (the
> server [[:bbs:]]) are listed as "Out of date" despite running the
> recommended rsync cronjob every 6 hours. Just wondering if we are
> doing anything wrong, even though I don't know what that possibly
> could be.

You're listed as up-to-date for me.

I run this script after updating it,
https://svn.torproject.org/svn/website/trunk/update-mirrors.pl

It checks for the existence and timestamp
of /project/trace/www.torproject.org on the mirror.  It compares it to
torproject.org main site, and if the mirror is more than 172,800
seconds (48 hours) behind, the mirror is considered out of date.  If
that file doesn't exist, the 404 is considered as an out of date
mirror.

yes, the mirror script needs vast improvements.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project

Website: https://www.torproject.org/