Re: Tor client performance (was Re: URGENT: patch needed ASAP for authority bug)

On 04/20/2010 09:56 AM, Olaf Selke wrote:
> yep! Sorry to bother you again with this number-of-connection issue. Tor
> on my network status machine is a non exit relay with a rather
> restrictive bandwidth policy of "BandwidthRate 50 KB" and
> "BandwidthBurst 100 KB". Even this tiny middleman relay holds 10000+ tcp
> connections. Probably this number of connections will kill most routers
> used in residential environment.

A random thought, a number of people pick paths through tor network
based on fastest relays by bandwidth served.  They think this makes
their tor faster.  As blutmagie was #1 for so long, perhaps you're
seeing the traffic from many clients specifically picking blutmagie.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project

Website: https://www.torproject.org/