Re: Google cache blocking non-exit relays?

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 09:22:15PM -0400, downie - wrote:
> Thank you for the illuminating answer. I should have mentioned that I
>am on a domestic dynamic IP, so I may be getting flak for someone else's
>misdeeds - and someone else may be getting flak for my misperceived ones.

Yes, this is a possibility. I think it's a pretty rare one though. You'd
have to be in a network that has frequently rotating IP addresses that
also is densely populated with Tor exit relays. Perhaps there is such
a place in Germany. :)

> PS or it could be because I am blocking certain Google cookies......and
>nothing to do with my 'network' at all.

This option seems quite reasonable too. As I understand it, if you do a
google search directly from the little toolbar thing in Firefox, and you
don't have a Google cookie, and you won't accept one, then it will treat
you like an attacker. Their policies seem to change all the time though.

--Roger