Re: [tor-relays] big spike in cpu usage

On 07/04/2013 08:12, N Owen Gunden wrote:
Does tor traffic generally fluctuate a lot with time of day?

I'm pretty new to tor, but in my experience it does fluctuate quite a lot. With my settings of:

RelayBandwidthRate 1536 KB
RelayBandwidthBurst 2048 KB

it tends to switch between two "modes": hogging all of 1.5MiB/s of bandwidth very consistently (and using a lot of CPU power), and dancing somewhere between 0.5MiB/s-1MiB/s (and using hardly any CPU). It seems pretty regular to me, usually hogging between 14:00 and 24:00 UTC and getting more relaxed outside of these times.