Re: [tor-relays] A few questions about my setting up my first Tor relay.

Thanks!
Concise and precise.

If only there were more such explanations on this list.

It used to mean the chip/circuitry sealed by a lump of black plastic which made it inaccessible to tinkering such as might be found in a musical chrismas card.

Blob = proprietary binary package.  Packages where no source code is available so you can't readily be 100% sure they do only what you expect them to do.