Re: [tor-relays] Relay down, "rejected", help

Getting closer:
I can run tor arm as root, but get this error as <user>:
~$ sudo -u debian-tor arm
[sudo] password for <user>:
Connection refused. Is the ControlPort enabled?

Where is arm's config?

On 04/19/2014 09:19 AM, kbesig wrote:
Sorry for the spam in advance..

Install of tor-arm went well enough, no error msg's.

~$ sudo -u debian-tor arm

Any ideas??

On 04/19/2014 08:16 AM, irregulator@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 04/19/2014 05:42 PM, kbesig wrote:
My relay became one of the "rejected" since the heartbleed vulnerability surfaced so I reformatted my XP relay and did a fresh Ubuntu 14.04 LTS install. Built vidalia-0.2.21 from source using:

I would suggest completely avoiding (the burden of) Vidalia. You can
just install Tor as standalone daemon :
https://www.torproject.org/docs/debian.html.en

If you want an interface to inspect your relay's traffic (the reason you
wanted Vidalia?), I suggest tor-arm (provided you've already added Tor's
repositories):

apt-get install tor-arm

then run :

sudo -u debian-tor arm