Re: [tor-relays] Advertised Bandwidth vs. RelayBandwidthRate

Hi,

On 8 Apr 2020, at 16:04, petrarca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

So, could it be that there is just a wording issue on tor-metrics - to me "observed" and "advertised" bandwidth are two different things but they seem to be the same on tor-metrics. I think I do understand the observed bw, however, still struggle to understand the advertised bw.

The advertised bandwidth is the bandwidth the relay is capable of sustaining:
https://metrics.torproject.org/glossary.html#advertised-bandwidth

In practice, it's the minimum of the rate, burst, and observed.

You can find all their definitions in the metrics glossary.