Re: [tor-relays] ipv6 ORPort + DIRPort too ?

On 30.03.2021 21:38, Petrusko wrote:
Ouch, this config looks like not so cool...
I see on Metrics the ipv6 choosen by Tor process, is now on :
"Unreachable OR Addresses"

From: https://www.mail-archive.com/tor-relays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg17760.html

8<
In short, with this new feature, specifying an ORPort without an
address will automatically bind tor to [::]:<port> and attempt to find the
IPv6 address by looking at (in this order):

  1. "Address" from torrc
  2. "ORPort address:port" from torrc
  3. Interface address. First public IPv6 is used.
  4. Local hostname, DNS AAAA query.
8

I'll write the other solution you given previously... with
ORPort xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9001
ORPort [xxxx:xxxx:xxx:x:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxx]:9001

Yes, I always try to be as special as possible. Software voodoo can often give unexpected errors or security vulnerabilities. Especially when I have several IP's on one interface, I always write IP and IPv6 in Address, ORPort, OutboundBindAddress, ... And IPv6 always in brackets, even if you don't necessarily have to do that with some software.

30/03/2021 à 20:07, Petrusko :
Ok !

So this only line will serve on both ipv4 and ipv6 together, ok thx ! Cool

Yes, but then:

Address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Address [xxxx:xxxx:xxx:x:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxx]
ORPort 9001

or
Address host.domain.tld -> (DNS A & AAAA record must be set correctly)
ORPort 9001

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!