Re: [tor-relays] disable conflux on exit relay?

Hi,

On 4/5/24 23:47, applied-privacy.net via tor-relays wrote:
Hello,

conflux appears to be the primary source of bugs and crashes
for us in the past few months and there have been numerous
issues related to it on gitlab.

Conflux was a big change for the network and there are still some bugs that we are trying to solve. At the same time it has made things significantly better for users and it wouldn't be ideal if you disable it on all your relays.  We would rather work with you to help you run your relays smoothly.

When you mention crashes are you referring to issue: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/issues/40921? Has this been happening again since?

Let me know.

Cheers,
-hiro

from the tor manual page:

ConfluxEnabled 0|1|auto
           If this option is set to 1, general purpose traffic will use Conflux which is traffic splitting among multiple legs (circuits). Onion services are not supported at the moment. Default value is set to "auto" meaning the consensus is used to decide unless
           set. (Default: auto)

will
ConfluxEnabled 0
disable it for tor acting as a client only or for relays as well?

thanks!
applied-privacy.net