Re: [tor-relays] Go home GeoIP, you're drunk.

On 3. Aug 2017, at 23:52, Ralph Seichter <tor-relays-ml@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I moved a Tor relay to new hardware, keeping the keys. Both old and new
server are located in Germany and provided by the same hosting company.
After the latest Atlas update, I was surprised to see that the IPv4
address is listed as belonging to an AS in Ukraine. A little more
digging returned Guangzhou, China, as the supposed location based on the
server's IPv6 address.

Welcome to the wonderful world of drunk GeoIPs. They are not always correct, you didn’t expect that, right, RIGHT?

Is there anything I can/should do about this (I doubt it)?

No.

Will this
affect my Tor node consensus weight?

Njet.

As it is not an exit node, I am
hoping it won't matter much.

Get yourself booze and join your GeoIPs.

-Ralph

niftybunny