root@ateam:~# ifconfig
eno1: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet 50.238.252.6 netmask 255.255.255.252 broadcast 50.238.252.7
        inet6 2001:559:800c:1900::5a02 prefixlen 126 scopeid 0x0<global>

root@ateam:/etc/network# pwd
/etc/network
root@ateam:/etc/network# cat interfaces
iface eno1 inet6 static
address 2001:559:800c:1900::5a02
netmask 126
gateway 2001:559:800c:1900::5a01
dns-nameserver 2620:0:ccc::2 2620:0:ccd::2

Matt Westfall
President & CIO
ECAN Solutions, Inc.
Everything Computers and Networks
804.592.1672

------ Original Message ------
From: "teor" <teor@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tor-relays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 8/22/2019 6:08:14 AM
Subject: Re: [tor-relays] tor relay ipv6

Hi Paul,

On 22 Aug 2019, at 14:26, Paul Templeton <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It can be hard to set up IPv6 for a relay, we're working on a grant to make
it easier.

It could be helpful to do a request/survey to relay operators to find out their experiences.
That is those who have ipv6 configured what was the process and if there were any problems in the process.
For those who haven't yet configured ipv6 what is the barriers preventing them from using ipv6.

Yes, I'd love to know what problems relay operators have with setting up IPv6.
I have some idea from helping people out, but hard data is more useful.

We tried to add a survey/advocacy component to the grant, but there wasn't
enough time in the grant budget.

Would you like to run a survey or start a mailing list thread?

For me it was a problem at the ISPs end then it wasn't clear how to get network config to use ipv6. I got the shits with it in the end and just used iface eth0 inet6 dhcp. It works... LOL

Yeah it took me a while to learn how to set up IPv6 on Linux.
Most VPS providers don't do it automatically.