Re: [tor-relays] Guard flag got removed after only 48 hours of downtime.

On 31.07.2020 14:41, William Kane wrote:

That was very informative and educational compared to the other replies.
+1

On 29.07.2020 05:21, ECAN - Matt Westfall wrote:
Yeah you wouldn't want to instantly throw a relay the Guard flag back
after any kind of down time, because the whole point of a Guard is
primarily stability.

If a Guard drops off line for even 10 minutes, there's no way to know why.

Is there a (few seconds downtime) threshold , if you reboot after kernel upgrades?

I try to limit the reboots and usually wait until a Tor and kernel upgrade has come out. Of course, I'm not waiting for reboots in the event of serious security vulnerabilities that apply to my system.

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!