Re: [tor-relays] Blog: How Malicious Tor Relays are Exploiting Users in 2020 (Part I)

Is there anything Tor can do inside the Tor browser itself?
I would understand and support something as drastic as disabling non-HTTPS, non-Onion connections altogether. When the user types a URL with no protocol prefix, the browser will assume HTTPS.
This may break some websites, so a transition may be required. Such a transition can start with a warning banner, proceed to a warning page, then to a browser setting to enable it, and finally to disabling the capability for good.

The above assumes there is much less benefit in running a rogue Tor exit if the operator cannot see or alter the content it is relaying.