Re: [tor-relays] Middle relay IP blocking

Hi,

On 03.08.23 14:22, Logforme wrote:

My "solution" for now is to use my phone's internet sharing when I have to contact these sites. Since it only is a few sites which I contact rarely this works, but as more and more sites outsource their security to third parties I expect this to be a growing problem. Eventually I might no longer be able to run a relay.

instead of turning down your relay, you could change it to a cloud hoster.

I e.g. would suggest the German provider Hetzner [*] - you have 20TB/month free traffic for only a few euros. Since the IP address of your relay is publicly known anyway, it also doesn't matter as much as with a bridge if the relay is running at a cloud provider (e.g. regarding the situation in Turkmenistan). The disadvantage is, of course, less diversity in the number of networks in which the relays are distributed.

Kind regards
telekobold

[*] https://www.hetzner.com/