Re: [tor-relays] OT: folding@home

On December 26, 2014 11:31:18 PM Josef 'veloc1ty' Stautner <hello@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Seems like you have to use a graphical environment.
Is there any client for headless installations?

Yes, there are 3 packages for Unixish systems. The client itself, the viewer and the controller. Just use the client package, no need for a graphical environment.

~Josef

Am 26.12.2014 um 23:09 schrieb Larry Brandt:
> This is a worthwhile project aimed at diseases such as cancer,
> Alzheimers, Parkinson's.  Takes little internet bandwidth and only 600
> MB memory (amd64) but is a cpu hog.  Each distributed project takes
> 1-3 days to calculate.  Works via browser ports.
> LB
>
> On 12/26/2014 9:55 AM, Sebastian Urbach wrote:
>> Dear list members,
>>
>> I would like to invite any operator, who has some idle Cores (CPU or
>> GPU) left,to join the folding@home distributed computing project:
>>
>> http://folding.stanford.edu/
>>
>> There is now a brandnew team called Tor Project (Unofficial) with the
>> id 227615. Hope to see some of you there :-)

Sincerely yours / Sincères salutations

Sebastian Urbach

Definition of Tor:
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated
power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain and
100% reason to remember the name!