[tor-relays] Exit Node / iptables / massive attempts on DPT 8118 ?

Hello guys,

well I'm new to the tor-project supporting it now by running my first tor exit node since 23th Dec'14 :)
For security purpose I configured iptable and exitpolicy rules as advised by the tor-manuals recognizing that there's a mass of attempts on incoming Dport 8118 wondering if I should permit or stil leave it denied!?
My little search on that port reveals that this is gonna used by several socks proxies for instance privoxy anyway is it required for my running exit node??

thanks;)
tor-proxy-relayX supporter