Re: [tor-relays] network diversity with freeBSD

Am 02.12.2016 um 00:21 schrieb Michael Armbruster:
> On 2016-12-01 at 23:54, pa011 wrote:
>> There were some talks about network diversity recently, so I made up my mind and started a freeBSD server.
>>
>> On advice from here https://gist.github.com/teor2345/c6e2890c44097fd6aaceeedec08c6431 I placed a line in the torrc file "Log notice file /var/log/tor/log"
>>
>> Following these instructions from the TDP:
>>
>> "touch /var/log tor && chown _tor:_tor /var/log/tor && chmod 600 /var/log/tor"
>
> As others already said, it should be "/var/log/tor" without a space and
> with a slash.
>
> But for me, it looks like you are trying to store the logs in a file
> "/var/log/tor/log", so in a directory named "/var/log/tor". You should
> delete the file you created with the touch command and instead use
> "mkdir /var/log/tor", then change ownership and modify access rights via
> chmod.

I thought it is similar to "Log notice file /var/log/tor/notices.log" in debian where you specify a single file.
So you Michael say in in freeBSD the torrc file is looking for a folder entry - I will try that tomorrow..
so it will be
"sudo mkdir /var/log/tor"
"sudo chown _tor:_tor /var/log/tor"
"sudo chmod 600 /var/log/tor"