Re: [tor-relays] Unwarranted discrimination of relays with dynamic IP

On 04.12.2016 22:35, Tristan wrote:
Perhaps this IS in fact normal. I ran a Tor relay on a Raspberry Pi
for a while. My speed was about 1Mbps max, similar to your 1.5Mbps. I
saw minimal traffic, and the consensus weight never went above 20.

I'm not running a relay at home anymore because of the slow speeds.
The configuration guide mentions having at least 250KBytes or 2Mbps,
and even relays that have 2Mbps probably won't see much traffic since
there's plenty of faster middle relays.

Keep in mind also that the Raspberry Pi (at least the first one anyway) can only push around 1MB/s tops. The ethernet port is basically held on by the equivalent of a piece of string! They're suitable for a small mail or web server, or some sort of network probe, but not really for any large application.

Duncan