[tor-relays] Draft Fallback Directory List

(This is a copy of the email I BCC'd to each relay operator on the draft
fallback directory list. Please email me to add your relays.)

Dear Tor Relay Operator,

One or more of your relays have been selected as fallback directory
mirrors[0] for the next tor release. Please keep the relay available on
the same addresses, ports, and identity key (fingerprint) for the next
2 years.

This is a draft list.[3] I can make changes for the next week. Next
weekend, I will send another email to those operators whose relays have
been added or removed. (Otherwise, you're on the list.)

We are taking 3 relays per operator, if you only have 1 or 2 on the list,
please email me to add more.

Wondering why your relay didn't make the list?
Search the selection log[4] for its fingerprint.

If the log says:
* in neither blacklist nor whitelist,
email me to add your relay.
(I run a script that checks relays, then outputs a list.)

If it says:
* not a candidate: version delivers stale consensuses,
* not a candidate: version not recommended,
* not a candidate: changed address/port recently
(on 0.2.7.6 or earlier), or
* outdated consensus,
upgrade to 0.2.8.9 or later, or 0.2.9.5-alpha or later.

If it says:
* bandwidth too low,
* download too slow,
* HTTP Error 503: Directory busy,
* or some sort of download connection error,
it might help to give your relay more memory or bandwidth.
(And please make sure it's still running!)

If it says:
* not a candidate: changed address/port recently,
* not a candidate: guard avg too low,
* not a candidate: running avg too low, or
* not a candidate: v2dir avg too low,
your relay needs to be consistently up with high bandwidth to help
clients. Try keeping it stable for 6-12 months, and it might be selected
next time.

But don't worry, your relay(s) are still helping the tor network, even
if they are not selected as a fallback.

Tim

[0]: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/FallbackDirectoryMirrors
[3]: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/attachment/ticket/18828/draft_fallback_dirs_20161210_1121_2594b7b
   (or [8] if you want to see what the git commit will look like)
[4]: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/attachment/ticket/18828/draft_fallback_dirs_20161210_1121_2594b7b.log
[8]: https://github.com/teor2345/tor/blob/new-fallbacks-028-v2/src/or/fallback_dirs.inc