Re: [tor-relays] Unwarranted discrimination of relays with dynamic IP

Speaking of guards, could someone come with a theory pf what happened here? The IP is static, the relay exists for 18 days and has Stable flag since maybe 2 weeks, the measured bandwidth -153 KB/s - exactly equals the bandwidth limit in torrc for 2 weeks now. What could explan the sudden catastrophic drop in bandwidth after linear if not exponential growth? This article describes exactly this pattern but the drop occurs when a Guard flag is awarded. In this case, no guard fag. Any ideas?

From: tor-relays [mailto:tor-relays-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of balbea16
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 5:05 PM
To: tor-relays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [tor-relays] Unwarranted discrimination of relays with dynamic IP

Hi There

I evaluated some relays with newly assigned (red) guard flags. All of them had already the stable flag assigned. And (so far I could see) all of them had (almost) static IP addresses. In my case, this may be the reason why I don't get a guard flag. My ISP changes it every 24 hours. However, I'd be fine with "just" operating a fast middle node.

I will keep an eye on this.

Mike