Re: Why so little bandwidth used?

>From: "Klaus Layer" [klaus.layer@xxxxxx]
>
>If I look at torstatus there are hundreds of low bandwidth relays. Why
>does Tor not automatically runs as a bridge if the connections is too slow?

Not just "low" but hundreds with single-digit KB/sec bandwidth, at least as measured by torstatus.  (Some labeled "Fast Server".  Hmm....)

I sure hope these are not considered by the routing algorithm as suitable destinations for innocent IP packets.

http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/index.php?SR=Bandwidth&SO=Asc

Looking at the list it seems that about half of the relays shown are <= 10KB/sec.  Of course, those numbers may be artificially low if there is a general problem with Tor not fully using the configured bandwidth.