Re: [tor-relays] [WARN] Your system clock just jumped 100 seconds forward; assuming established circuits no longer work.

> I've now gone and added some ntp servers from telstra, iinet and ntp.org.
> Good. Well now I have a number of ntp servers listed, hopefully it
> shall improve the situation.

I don't think ntpd has an option yet to autoreplace bad servers from
DNS pools via future DNS queries. Either way all that's really
needed is 2+1 to break ties, plus 1 or 2 for redundancy.

This will tell you status of peers.

> TOR relay docs should perhaps include, for debian "add your isp's ntp
> servers, and possibly a few from ntp.org, to your /etc/ntpd.conf (and
> check this file is sane)".

You'd have to first figure out why it didn't work out of the box.

> something I did to ntpd.conf (probably adding servers above the
> default debian entries which are:
> server 0.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst

The order doesn't matter. Though if DNS is not up before
ntpd on boot, specified poolnames won't resolve and I think it's still a
oneshot so only servers listed by ip would be loaded. see ntpq -np
while listing a bogus hostname, a poolname, and an ip.