[tor-relays] procedure for TBB to use localhost relay

I am running a tor relay - gracemissionstor - and have begun providing
the relay name to friends who would like to use TBB.

What I have not been able to google yet properly, is what
startup/connection procedure is "best" for those using TBB, _and_ are
on the local network - many people come and go here and there, and
connect to the Internet from the LAN/internal network.

Should those connecting in this way, simply select the default
connection options, and add "gracemissionstor" into the final "I need
to use a bridge relay" screen, or is there a preferred way to connect
- I am running the TOR SOCKS proxy for example.

I would like to be able to explain to people how to use TBB and
connect to the local TOR relay when they are connected to the LAN -
either via SOCKS or otherwise - but of course, it does not make sense
to have TBB connect through TOR relay SOCKS (on the local network TOR
relay), just to thereafter be tunnelled through the TOR network, just
to thereafter establish _another_ connection back to the
"gracemissionstor" relay, thereby having all Internet access
travelling multiple times through the TOR network unnecessarily.

Does this make sense?

There ideally ought be a TORButton config option, or similar, to
"connect using local TOR relay SOCKS port" and an easy way to let the
TBB know (perhaps on each startup default to safety option) that (eg
on next boot) we are no longer on a trusted local network.

E.g. when TBB starts up (at least first time, and there SHOULD be
option to have TBB ask _every_ time), and the user chooses "use SOCKS
proxy to connect to Internet", then when TBB connects to the SOCKS
proxy, the TOR relay which is that SOCKS proxy ought notify the TBB
that it is in fact connected to the desired (if the TOR relay name
matches of course) TOR relay. Of course, it would _also_ make sense
for TBB to SSL encrypt its connection to the local tor relay SOCKS
port.

This might all be wishful thinking and pie in the sky, but please
forgive my enquiry if so - I don't yet have a full understanding of
these things.

TIA
Zenaan