Re: [tor-relays] Value of an unused bridge?

On February 13, 2015 5:58:41 PM mattia <sowdust@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

10 Feb 15 14.02, Elliott:

>    - Is there value in having a marginal unused bridge "in reserve"?
>    - Is this value greater than that of an active middle relay?

I am interested in this topic too. Any opinion ?

The FAQ is pretty specific about this:

https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#RelayOrBridge

It's more a matter of capacity. Every type of Relay is useful. But you asked for opinions, so here we go. It seems to be the case that the network is well equipped with middle Relays at the moment. If your Bridge is located in a critical country my preference would be to keep it there as a Bridge because access to the network is critical.

Just my 0.2 bitcoins ...
--
Sincerely yours / Sincères salutations / M.f.G.

Sebastian Urbach

Religion is fundamentally opposed to
everything I hold in veneration - courage,
clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and,
above all, love of the truth.