Re: [tor-relays] Mozilla-Middles losing guard

right, cause of that i thought about splitting the total mozilla- bandwidth through 10 relays insted of 12 relays could raise bandwidth per server above the guardlimit to hold it more constantly. but i would belive if this is not requested by consensus. longterm wight seems not to be affected cause of gaining or losing guardflag. ...but what we want are nonmalicious guards, right? so maybe it could make sense anyway.

On Tue, February 17, 2015 21:09, s7r <s7r@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:bandwidth

The speed matters. Some time ago, Guard flag parameters were changed
little bit, so now the Guard flag is assigned to 25% of the fastest
relays in the network (of course which are also stable and have good
uptime and have been around in the network for a while). This means
that if the speed drops down, the Guard flag could go away with it. By
the reference speed I can see below of 1.51 MB/s it's quite near/under
the limit.

If you had for example 5MB/s constant, you would not lose the Guard
flag not even some of the times.