Re: [tor-relays] eventdns: Address mismatch on received DNS packet.

On 02/20/2015 06:31 PM, Jacob Corbin wrote:
> I'm sorry for the late reply on this but I've been having problems with my
> Internet connection and am trying to catch up on emails. I've never received
> that message but months ago I started getting messages in the posts you
> referenced like:
>
> Jan 05 12:36:58.138 [warn] eventdns: All nameservers have failed
> Jan 05 12:36:58.354 [notice] eventdns: Nameserver 192.0.2.7 is back up

I get this constantly on my exit node running OpenBSD with a local
Unbound caching DNS server. I think libevent (this is part of libevent,
right?) is just a little too trigger-happy with reporting DNS requests
as failed, as my failures never last more than a second. I was
considering opening a ticket about this.