Re: [tor-relays] Genereal queations about MyFamily

Hey nusenu,

thanks for your quick reply.

On 2/6/22 17:18, nusenu wrote:
Hi Martin,
[..]>> 1. 2. to simplify the torrc, would it
not be advantageous to enter in "MyFamily" not all fingerprints, but
only that of the Family as such? Are there already suggestions for
this with the developers?

A new MyFamily design is in the works, which will be easier to configure for operators
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2021-November/019954.html

Yes, this reads great.

Like with AROI
from nusenu.

To avoid misunderstandings: An AROI is not a MyFamily replacement.

I know I just thought of AROI as a way to verify MyFamily information.

But your reference to Nick's performance is exactly the sort of thing I had in mind. That would make it much easier to handle large families.

[..]

For all interested, the current link to "321-happy-families.md" is https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/torspec/-/blob/main/proposals/321-happy-families.md

Thanks!