Re: [tor-relays] How to force VPS to update to current release?

Noilson, thanks,

Since I'm doing it by the command line I was having trouble with both the mirror being 'deprecated' and my lack of Linux knowledge.
That page and the command line version don't tell you what to do in fine detail or what to do when it doesn't work which has been the case of numerous VPSs I've used.  The VPSs have some sort of limitation on them which I don't understand and was asking how to get past.

I fumbled my way to getting a current Tor version with wget and installing it but it was accidental only.

If there are vast numbers of people who want to run a relay but need more than superficial instruction they are probably giving up and are a loss to the great goal.

Robert

Subject: Re: [tor-relays] How to force VPS to update to current release?

read this documentation: https://www.torproject.org/docs/debian-vidalia.html.en

your mirror is deprecated
Not Found

The requested URL /torproject.org/dists/precise/main/binar was not found on this server.