Re: [tor-relays] Here,s my problem.

On 1/26/2014 5:33 PM, an.to_n-73@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello Kattamann!

Great to have you with us!

When you want to configure your machine as Tor entry for censored users, you
need to set up Vidalia as Bridge.

Download the Vidalia bridge bundle from
<https://www.torproject.org/download/download.html.en>

More information you find in the manual or on
<https://www.torproject.org/docs/bridges>

Somewhat more advanced is an obfuscated bridge
<https://www.torproject.org/projects/obfsproxy.html>
what works against the censorship of normal bridges.

I recommend to read a little bit about Tor to get a better understanding.

When you want to run the bridge on your main PC, it shall be "always on". But be
careful: As bridge operator you run a real server, with all risks of a machine,
which is always on the net and listening for incoming connections. You should
inform yourself at least about firewalls and the port-forwarding on your
modem/router, so that external users can reach you bridge.

After getting some experience with the bridge it might be better to switch to a
small singleboard computer like the RaspberryPi, OLinuXino or Wandboard. They
cost only little, consume less electricity like a desktop and do not contain you
personal data. You can connect them directly to the modem.

Best Regards

Anton

Thank you Anton

Thanks again for your quick response. I am using a Siemens speed stream dsl router my friend recommend it for its built in security. I have read some of the pages you sent ,but will reread them and pull out my manual my friend sent me on my dsl router glad I kept it. Thanks again for the suggestion have a lot of studying to do!