Re: [tor-relays] Outdated GeoIP DB

Martin Gebhardt (Die LINKE.):
Hi,

in the past I had already written with someone about it. At that time the entries were not up to date. There was a Gitlab issue about this, but I can't find it now.

Anyway, the data is not up to date again.

Example: https://apps.db.ripe.net/db-web-ui/query?searchtext=89.58.17.76 vs https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/6A0A9C3B3381C89CCB85C64BBCF6942805AA477B

The IP address is currently located in Austria. But in the metrics Germany is displayed. This is a "correct" but outdated information.

Since I don't know if this can have any effects on the routing, which I don't assume, but is theoretically possible, I just want to target it again.

Yes, we realized that the GeoIP db needs an update again[1]. However there is currently no newer version available[2] it seems. :(

Georg

[1] https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/metrics/relay-search/-/issues/40014
[2] https://source.ipfire.org/releases/libloc