Re: Problems Continue while trying to set up a TOR Private Relay

On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 13:04:38 -0700
Jim Julian <j.a.julian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is an update of a message sent July 4th.  A quick quote from the

Since you're all Mac, it's easy.  Enable UPNP on the Airport. Tell
Vidalia to auto-configure it.  All your port forwarding and such is
done.

Your Mac has its own firewall that needs to allow tor and
vidalia to talk on various ports (9001, 9030).  When you start up
Vidalia, Finder will prompt you for "Do you want to allow connections
to tor?" Click yes.  It may ask you again for Vidalia. Click yes.

In theory, that's it.  I just setup the same scenario on my testing Mac
and it worked just like that.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project