Re: Problems Continue while trying to set up a TOR Private Relay

On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 11:19:47PM -0500, bennett@xxxxxxxxxx wrote 2.2K bytes in 43 lines about:
: >Since you're all Mac, it's easy.  Enable UPNP on the Airport. Tell

Apparently you need to be running older firmware, as the current doesn't
support upnp but nat-pmp.

:      Really?  Is Vidalia really able to a) determine the public IP address
: of the router, then b) configure correctly the Address and ORListenAddress
: statements in torrc, then c) add an RDR to the router's configuration to
: forward packets addressed to the ORPort at the public IP address on to
: 10.0.1.3:9001?  And likewise for DirPort and DirListenAddress?  If so,
: that's terrific!  If not, then the OP needs to go back and read the tor

a) Technically, no.  Vidalia doesn't do this, but Tor does.

b) yes.

c) with upnp, yes.

:      On another note, I don't have any real exposure to Mac OS X, so if
: someone could tell me which packet filter (e.g., ipf, ipfw, pf) underlies
: the fancy firewall GUI stuff in OS X, I'd be grateful.

It's ipfw.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project