Re: [tor-relays] Seeking headless TAILS (or similar)

On 07/19/2011 04:00 AM, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 07:42:19PM -0400, Steve Snyder wrote:
I'm looking for a Tor installation that boots off of read-only media
and acts as a relay, sort of a TAILS but without the user-space
applications.

Does such a thing exist?

Tor-ramdisk looks close to what you are describing:
http://opensource.dyc.edu/tor-ramdisk

That's pretty much what I had in mind, however their version of Tor is out of date. Worse, the source files for the ISO image do not seem to be available, so I can't rebuild it myself.

Between the obsolete code and the binaries-only nature of the project, this doesn't look suitable for me.

Thanks for the reply.