Re: [tor-relays] Relay identity

On 7/7/2013 9:35 AM, Jochen wrote:
Hello,

I want to create a Raspberry PI image with preinstalled TOR relay for some friends. I will also include a config script to customize torrc (Nickname etc.).
I also need to generate a new identity key in this script, so that every node is unique. But I don't know how to generate a new identity.
Is there a command to do that, or must I remove /var/lib/tor/keys/?

Just don't include any keys in the image. New keys/fingerprints are generated during the bootstrapping process if they don't already exist, and are independent of anything in the torrc, so not including any keys in the image will cause each new relay to generate their own unique keys the first time they run.

~Justin Aplin