Re: [tor-relays] ContactInfo Information Sharing Specification Version 1 released

>> In section "Defined fields" you write:
>>
>>   Non-ASCII characters are not supported.
>>
>> I'm not sure if this applies only to keys or also to values? With the
>> availability of IDN (https://unicode.org/faq/idn.html) in email
>> addresses, supporting only US-ASCII values is too limited.
>
> I'd suggest that we should allow UTF-8 for values, at least.  It looks
> like we're standardizing on UTF-8 as our character encoding for
> directory documents in Proposal 285.

The state of prop-285 (open) was actually the reason why I did not put UTF-8
into the CIISS :)

Is prop-285 already implemented in tor?

In that case I'm happy to add UTF-8 as recommended.

--
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu