Re: [tor-relays] Reinstalling Relay

That took even less time than I expected. The relay is back online and should be in the consensus after a while.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 8:22 AM Matthew Glennon <matthew@glennon.online> wrote:
When I installed my relay last year, I foolishly enabled disk encryption. This has caused a few automatic reboots or power failures to turn into a weekend of downtime. Today (or sometime this week) I'd like to rectify this by reinstalling the OS.
I'm going to backup /var/lib/tor and my torrc, but I wanted to alert the masses in case I mess up and have to start over. The relay will be down during the process, but it shouldn't take more than an hour or so.

--
Matthew Glennon
matthew@glennon.online